Wednesday 25 April 2012

It's exciting to be part of a hungry group: Irfan Pathan


NEW DELHI: Irfan Pathan is enjoying a second wind in his career, post a debilitating back injury. If he continues to show quality with consistency, he may well become the pace-bowling all-rounder the Indian team is looking for desperately, especially in ODIs.

Irfan has been bowling well for Team Delhi too in the IPL besides striking the ball well with the bat.

Irfan, during a chat with the TOI on Wednesday, said, "I am thankful to God for what I am able to do right now. Yes, I have gained better control over my game. I don't know what others are saying about me, but I am certainly feeling better. I am looking forward to improving in every department -- batting, bowling or fielding."

Bowling in the T20 is a challenge of a different kind. Does he enjoy it? "One tries to either take wickets or contain runs. But you can have a bad day but one has to remain positive all the time," he said.

Playing for Delhi has been quite an experience for Irfan.

"When you have stars like Mahela Jayawardene, Kevin Pietersen and Ross Taylor, the dressing room has to be buzzing with positive activity. Viru bhai (Sehwag) has been outstanding as a captain and I have seen Mahela setting fields for Sri Lanka. It has been exciting to be a part of a group which is hungry for success," Irfan said.

Talking about the pitch at the Ferozeshah Kotla, Delhi's home ground, Irfan stressed that the team has been happy with the way it has been playing.

When asked about elder brother Yusuf's recent struggles with the bat, Irfan said, "I have been talking to him and it's only a matter of one big knock before he starts scoring consistently. I am not worried about his form. IPL is a long tournament and I am confident that he is going to come good for Kolkata."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...